Date: Tuesday, August 1, 2017
Time: 10:30 am - 12:00 pm ET
Click here to register (to listen to the playback)
Note: The charts from this webinar are available on my presentations page.
In the Agenda:
- IBM z14 technical overview
- Achieving pervasive encryption
- New coupling link technology
- Systems administration simplified
- Operating system support
- Pervasive encryption – 100% encryption of all data with zero application changes
- Speed, efficiency, and access improvements to both serve up data to build services and new offerings and to perform machine learning and insight on the data where it resides
- Bridging the skills gap – providing ‘from anywhere’ mobile access and simplified administration of z/OS
- Find out about the new and enhanced technology in the z14
- Explore how these enhancements will impact your business now and in the future
Jim is an IBM Z consultant for GlassHouse Systems Inc. supporting our mainframe customers across Canada and the USA. He spent most of his career at IBM in technical roles and from 1992 had been the Product Manager for the mainframe operating systems in Canada. From May 1998 to December 2001 he was a mainframe Product Manager for IBM Americas where he led the launch of Linux on the mainframe. From January 2002 to May 2007 he was the Linux and Open Source leader for IBM Canada and then moved to System z sales in May 2007. He took on his final role at IBM as Canadian z Systems technical sales leader in January 2015 and retired from IBM in January 2016 to join GlassHouse Systems.
About GlassHouse Systems
GlassHouse Systems is a leading security and enterprise infrastructure solution provider, with 25 years serving private and public customers across Canada and the US. GlassHouse Systems specializes in security solutions, deployed on premises remotely managed 24/7, hosted or SaaS.