Enhancements to the LinuxONE platform extend across a broad spectrum of features and functions.
- Encryption features are enhanced significantly with new Common Cryptographic Architecture (CCA) function, as well as Trusted Key Entry (TKE) and smart card strengthening.
- For speedy transactions, a faster OSA-Express7S 25 GbE SR feature should serve your business needs well into the future.
- The 25GbE RoCE Express2 feature with GA2 enhanced code can provide the flexibility to consolidate adapters.
- New features FCP Express32S LX and FCP Express32S SX increase Fibre Channel speeds that may be supported while also providing the ability to auto-negotiate to slower speeds as needed, thereby allowing compatibility in a mixed FCP card environment.
- IBM Adapter for NVMe enables you to leverage the fast speed and low latency of Non-Volatile Memory through solid-state drives connected to PCI Express® adapters that plug directly into the I/O backplane. Integrating storage within the platform reduces wait times of commonly used data by keeping it resident on the system instead of moving it to and from external storage arrays. Memory-intensive tasks, real-time analytics, fast storage workloads such as streaming, paging/sorting, and traditional applications such as relational databases should all benefit from this. The efficiency of integrated AI allows for true Hybrid Transactional and Analytical Processing (HTAP).
- LinuxONE clients will also benefit from updates to the split and merge functions for Coordinated Timing Networks (CTNs).
- Clients with an eye toward process streamlining will find Dynamic Partition Manager 3.2 updates helpful for managing system configurations, as well as a host of Hardware Management Console (HMC) and HMC Mobile updates.
- The Rockhopper II 16U Reserved space can now be utilized for IBM DS8882F Storage, a new all-flash array model designed to meet the demand for higher-speed storage in a smaller footprint.