- Information on IBM Training courses for IBM Z may be found at IBM Z mainframe training paths.
- IBM z/VM, KVM for IBM Z, Linux on IBM Z, and z/VSE Live Virtual Classes
- IBM Z eLearning for IBM customers
This is a non-exhaustive list of other training available.
- SHARE offers a wide range of IBM Z and related education. The next conference is in Sacramento, CA March 11-16, 2018.
- The VM Workshop held each year in June provides a low-cost set of technical sessions on z/VM, Linux on Z, and z/VSE.
- CA Technologies offers their 12 week Mainframe Academy program as well as a range of other courses.
- Peter Enrico and Enterprise PerformanceStrategies offers z/OS Performance Seminars.
- Barton Robinson and Velocity Software offers z/VM Performance Seminars.
- ProTech Training offers a wide range of IBM Z classroom courses.
- Interskill offers a wide range of IBM Z e-learning courses.
- The Institute for Data Center Professionals at Marist College offers z/OS and related e-learning certificate courses.
- MVS Training provides custom z/OS training and the MVS Mainframe Book Series to help IT professionals perform their job better.
There are several internet discussion lists related to z Systems. You can find links to these at http://www.vm.ibm.com/techinfo/listserv.html. The primary discussion lists are:
- IBM-MAIN for z/OS and related topics.
- IBMVM for z/VM and related related topics.
- LINUX-390 for Linux on Z and related topics.
- VSE-L for z/VSE and related topics.
There is a lot of information at the z Systems Academic Initiative site. The course materials (slides) are available to members of the Academic Initiative.
The text books are available on the Redbooks site under the "Introduction to the New Mainframe" series:
- Large-Scale Commercial Computing (3 January 2007)
- z/OS Basics (4 January 2012)
- z/VM Basics (10 January 2008)
- z/VSE Basics (2 March 2016)
- Networking (7 November 2006)
- Security (26 April 2007)
- The z/OS basic skills information center provides several courses, some of which are interactive web-based.
- The z/VM information center provides a portal to resources for z/VM.
- The IBM Education Assistant and provides material on several Software Group products and on z/OS.
A more detailed level of training is available in the "ABCs of z/OS System Programming" series:
- Volume 1: Introduction to z/OS and storage concepts, TSO/E, ISPF, JCL, SDSF, and z/OS delivery and installation (7 November 2017)
- Volume 2: z/OS implementation and daily maintenance, defining subsystems, JES2 and JES3, LPA, LNKLST, authorized libraries, Language Environment®, and SMP/E (3 November 2017) Draft
- Volume 3: Introduction to DFSMS, data set basics, storage management hardware and software, VSAM, System-Managed Storage, catalogs, and DFSMStvs (7 November 2017) Draft
- Volume 4: Communication Server, TCP/IP, and VTAM (10 Feburary 2011)
- Volume 5: Base and Parallel Sysplex, System Logger, Resource Recovery Services (RRS), global resource serialization (GRS), z/OS system operations, automatic restart management (ARM), Geographically Dispersed Parallel Sysplex (GDPS) (12 May 2011)
- Volume 6: Introduction to security, RACF, Digital certificates and PKI, Kerberos, cryptography and z990 integrated cryptography, zSeries firewall technologies, LDAP, and Enterprise identity mapping (EIM) (12 August 2014)
- Volume 7: Printing in a z/OS environment, Infoprint Server and Infoprint Central (16 October 2008)
- Volume 8: An introduction to z/OS problem diagnosis (26 July 2012)
- Volume 9: z/OS UNIX System Services (12 May 2011)
- Volume 10:Volume 10: Introduction to z/Architecture, z Systems processor design, z Systems connectivity, LPAR concepts, HCD, and HMC (30 December 2016)
- Volume 11: Capacity planning, performance management, RMF, and SMF (7 December 2010)
- Volume 12: WLM (29 January 2010)
- Volume 13: JES3, JES3 SDSF (7 February 2012)
- JES2, JES3, and SDSF (15 December 2015)
- Security (17 December 2015)
- Storage Management and Utilities (17 December 2015)
- Availability Management (17 December 2015)
- Performance (17 December 2015)
- Operations (17 December 2015)
- Sysplex (16 December 2015)
- Unix Systems Services (16 December 2015)
- User Interfaces (17 December 2015)
z/OS V2 Communications Server TCP/IP series:
- TCP/IP Implementation Volume 1: Base Functions,Connectivity, and Routing z/OS V2R2 (30 November 2016)
- TCP/IP Implementation Volume 2: Standard Applications z/OS V2R2 (21 September 2016)
- TCP/IP Implementation Volume 3: High Availability, Scalability, and Performance z/OS V2R2 (7 April 2017)
- TCP/IP Implementation Volume 4: Security and Policy-Based Networking z/OS V2R2 (21 March 2017)
- Volume 1 Architecture and Platform Security (1 December 2015)
- Volume 2 Mainframe Communication and Networking Security (25 September 2015)
- Volume 3 Mainframe Subsystem and Application Security (2 November 2015)