- Information on IBM Training courses for IBM Z may be found at IBM Z mainframe training.
IBM Redbooks videos for z/OS
There are currently 27 short videos providing z/OS introductory education available
Non-IBM z Systems Training
This is a non-exhaustive list of other training available.
- SHARE offers a wide range of IBM Z and related education. The next conference is in St. Louis, MO August 12-17, 2018.Future conferences will be in Phoenix, AZ March 10-15, 2019 and in Pittsburgh, PA August 4-9, 2019.
- The VM Workshop held each year in June provides a low-cost set of technical sessions on z/VM, Linux on Z, and z/VSE.This year it is in Greensboro, NC on June 28-30.
- CA Technologies offers their 12 week Mainframe Academy program as well as a range of other courses.
- Peter Enrico and Enterprise Performance Strategies offers z/OS Performance Seminars.
- Barton Robinson and Velocity Software offers z/VM Performance Seminars.
- ProTech Training offers a wide range of IBM Z classroom courses.
- Interskill offers a wide range of IBM Z e-learning courses.
- The Institute for Data Center Professionals at Marist College offers z/OS and related e-learning certificate courses.
- MVS Training provides custom z/OS training and the MVS Mainframe Book Series to help IT professionals perform their job better.
There are several internet discussion lists related to z Systems. You can find links to these at http://www.vm.ibm.com/techinfo/listserv.html. The primary discussion lists are:
- IBM-MAIN for z/OS and related topics.
- IBMVM for z/VM and related related topics.
- LINUX-390 for Linux on Z and related topics.
- VSE-L for z/VSE and related topics.
- The z/OS basic skills information center provides several courses, some of which are interactive web-based.
- The z/VM information center provides a portal to resources for z/VM.
- The IBM Knowledge Center and provides material on several Software Group products and on z/OS.
A more detailed level of training is available in the "ABCs of z/OS System Programming" series:
- Volume 1: Introduction to z/OS and storage concepts, TSO/E, ISPF, JCL, SDSF, and z/OS delivery and installation (22 January 2018)
- Volume 2: z/OS implementation and daily maintenance, defining subsystems, JES2 and JES3, LPA, LNKLST, authorized libraries, SMP/E, Language Environment (7 April 2018)
- Volume 3: Introduction to DFSMS, data set basics, storage management hardware and software, VSAM, System-Managed Storage, catalogs, and DFSMStvs (19 January 2018)
- Volume 4: Communication Server, TCP/IP, and VTAM (10 Feburary 2011)
- Volume 5: Base and Parallel Sysplex, System Logger, Resource Recovery Services (RRS), global resource serialization (GRS), z/OS system operations, automatic restart management (ARM), Geographically Dispersed Parallel Sysplex (GDPS) (12 May 2011)
- Volume 6: Introduction to security, RACF, Digital certificates and PKI, Kerberos, cryptography and z990 integrated cryptography, zSeries firewall technologies, LDAP, and Enterprise identity mapping (EIM) (12 August 2014)
- Volume 7: Printing in a z/OS environment, Infoprint Server and Infoprint Central (16 October 2008)
- Volume 8: An introduction to z/OS problem diagnosis (26 July 2012)
- Volume 9: z/OS UNIX System Services (12 May 2011)
- Volume 10: Introduction to IBM z/Architecture®, the IBM Z platform and IBM Z connectivity, LPAR concepts, HCD, and the DS Storage Solution (4 May 2018)
- Volume 11: Capacity planning, performance management, RMF, and SMF (7 December 2010)
- Volume 12: WLM (29 January 2010)
- Volume 13: JES3, JES3 SDSF (7 February 2012)
- JES2, JES3, and SDSF (15 December 2015)
- Security (17 December 2015)
- Storage Management and Utilities (17 December 2015)
- Availability Management (17 December 2015)
- Performance (17 December 2015)
- Operations (17 December 2015)
- Sysplex (16 December 2015)
- Unix Systems Services (16 December 2015)
- User Interfaces (17 December 2015)
z/OS V2 Communications Server TCP/IP series:
- TCP/IP Implementation Volume 1: Base Functions,Connectivity, and Routing z/OS V2R2 (30 November 2016)
- TCP/IP Implementation Volume 2: Standard Applications z/OS V2R2 (21 September 2016)
- TCP/IP Implementation Volume 3: High Availability, Scalability, and Performance z/OS V2R2 (7 April 2017)
- TCP/IP Implementation Volume 4: Security and Policy-Based Networking z/OS V2R2 (21 March 2017)
- Volume 1 Architecture and Platform Security (1 December 2015)
- Volume 2 Mainframe Communication and Networking Security (25 September 2015)
- Volume 3 Mainframe Subsystem and Application Security (2 November 2015)